Consumer Complaint Form

Notice to Complainants:

  1. If you have disputes with a trader regarding a product or service you purchased, you are encouraged to contact and negotiate with the trader direct for a quick and effective way of settlement. If the negotiation with the trader is in vain, you are welcome to lodge a complaint with the Consumer Council. We would help conciliate a settlement between you and the trader.
  2. Please fill in the form with details of your complaint, including your correspondence address/email address, contact telephone number, trader’s information, details of the transaction and the supporting documents (such as sales receipt, contract, payment voucher, credit card payment slips or monthly statement, etc.). If the information provided is found insufficient to conduct conciliation, your case will be kept on files as reference.
  3. The Council helps resolve complaints by way of conciliation. The Council is not a law enforcement agency and is not vested with the power of investigation or adjudication. Settlement of disputes relies heavily on voluntary cooperation of the trader concerned and mutual understanding of the parties involved. The outcome of conciliation therefore may not be the same as your expected results. If the dispute remains unresolved after conciliation, you may consider taking other legal actions against the trader concerned (for example, civil claims).
  4. During the process of conciliation and upon successful conciliation, you are required to follow up directly with the relevant traders regarding the return, delivery, collection and/or exchange of any products and the refund and /or payment of any sums. Please do not give any goods or money to our staff.
  5. All information and personal data supplied by you will only be used for purposes which are directly related to the case concerned. The same may be transferred to parties who will be involved in the investigation of the case, including the trader being complained against, relevant Government Departments, related authorities and organizations, as well as other agencies which are authorized to receive information relating to law enforcement, prosecution and review of decisions. Please inform the Council whether you will grant your consent for disclosing the information to related parties.
  6. You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data submitted to the Council. Should you wish to do so, please submit your request in wiring to the Council. A nominal fee may be charge for the service (e.g. replicating data).

For more information about the complaint handling procedures, please visit the FAQ.