The full text of Section 20 is as follows:
“(1) No person shall, with a view to promoting or disparaging any goods, services or immovable property or promoting the image of any person, publish or cause to be published any advertisement which either expressly or by implication makes reference to —
- the Council;
- any committee, member, agent or employee of the Council;
- the Council’s publication or finding of tests or surveys conducted by or on behalf of the Council; or
- any other information published by the Council,
without written consent of the Council.
(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $100000.
(3) For the purpose of subsection (1) “advertisement” (廣告) may be constituted by any words, whether written or spoken, or any picture, drawing, visual image, figure or article —
- appearing in any publication; or
- brought to the notice of the public or any section of the public in any other way.”