Skip to main content

Consumer Complaint Form

Notice to Complainants


  1. If you have disputes with a trader regarding a product or service you purchased, you are encouraged to contact and negotiate with the trader direct for a quick and effective way of settlement. If the negotiation with the trader is in vain, you are welcome to lodge a complaint with the Consumer Council. We would help conciliate a settlement between you and the trader.
  2. Please fill in the form with details of your complaint, including your name, correspondence address/email address, contact telephone number, trader’s information, details of the transaction and the supporting documents (such as sales receipt, contract, payment voucher, credit card payment slips or monthly statement, etc.). If the information provided is found insufficient to conduct a conciliation, your case will be kept on files as reference.
  3. The Council helps resolve complaints by way of conciliation. The Council is not a law enforcement agency and is not vested with the power of investigation or adjudication. Settlement of disputes relies heavily on voluntary cooperation of the trader concerned and mutual understanding of the parties involved. The outcome of conciliation therefore may not be the same as your expectation. If the dispute remains unresolved after conciliation, you may consider taking other legal actions against the trader concerned (for example, civil claims).
  4. During the process of conciliation and upon successful conciliation, you are required to follow up directly with the relevant traders regarding the return, delivery, collection and/or exchange of any products and the refund and /or payment of any sums. Please do not give any goods or cash/cheque/cash coupons to our staff.


Personal Information Collection Statement


  1. The personal data provided in the complaint form will be used by the Council for one or more of the purposes specified below:
    1. To consider, respond to, and take follow up action in respect of your complaint;
    2. To conduct market studies into matters concerning consumer interests in Hong Kong and/or for other research and statistical purposes.
    3. To conduct product/service testing and research into matters concerning consumer interests in Hong Kong

    *Please indicate in the complaint form whether you consent to the purposes of collection and disclosure of personal data
  2. The Council may transfer the information and personal data supplied by you to parties who will be involved in handling the complaint, including the trader being complained against, relevant Government Departments, related authorities and organizations, as well as other agencies which are authorized to receive information relating to law enforcement, prosecution and review of decisions.
  3. You have the right to request access to and correction of your personal data submitted to the Council. Should you wish to do so, please make your request in writing to the Senior Compliance Officer at the Council address, with the complaint case number quoted (if applicable). A fee may be charged if you request the Council to supply copies of such personal data. The original of this complaint form and any material provided will not be returned to you.