Resumption of public service and special arrangement of Consumer Advice Centres
Consumer Advice Centres located in Tsim Sha Tsui, North Point, Sha Tin and Tsuen Wan have resumed normal service.
To reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19, social distancing and other precautionary measures will be implemented at our Advice Centres.
Visitors are required to:
- Make prior appointment for service by calling the hotline 2929 2222;
- Wear surgical face masks and take a body temperature check before entering the Centres;
- Wait in a designated waiting area in order to reduce social contacts with other visitors.
(Notes: Visitors may experience a longer waiting time because of the precautionary measures.)
Together, We Fight COVID-19
To coincide with the raising of the response level under the “Preparedness and Response Plan for Novel Infectious Disease of Public Health Significance” to “Emergency Response Level”, the Council develops “Together, We Fight the Virus” page offering the public free download on test findings of protective gear, such as face mask and disinfectant. In the meantime, a series of useful information on personal and household hygiene as well as updates on COVID-19 will also be provided. The Council is committed to working with people from all walks of life to tackle the novel coronavirus and safeguard public health together!
Only Chinese version is available for download. Please click the links for the Chinese version
- Hotline of The Centre for Health Protection: 2125 1122 (8am to midnight)
- Hong Kong residents safely returned from Peru by chartered flights arranged by HKSAR Government and received testing [5 April 2020]
- Adjusting operating hours of passenger clearance services at Hong Kong-Zhuhai-Macao Bridge Hong Kong Port [4 April 2020]
- Publicity efforts to encourage foreign domestic helpers and employers to fight COVID-19 together [4 April 2020]
More information will be uploaded soon