|Source of Information|
The Centre for Food Safety – Routine Food Surveillance Programme
Prepackaged shrimp noodles
|Product Name and Description|
Product name: Shrimp-egg Noodles
Place of origin: China
Net weight: 454 grams per pack
Best-before date: December 1, 2022
|Reason For Issuing Alert|
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) collected the above-mentioned sample from a supermarket in Tsim Sha Tsui for testing under its routine Food Surveillance Programme. The test result showed that the sample contained preservative, sulphur dioxide. Although the sulphur dioxide level is below the maximum permitted level under the Preservatives in Food Regulation (Cap. 132BD), the functional class and name of the additive were not declared on the food label of the sample.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety|
- The CFS has informed the vendor concerned of the irregularities and instructed it to stop sale and remove from shelves the affected batch of the product. The distributor concerned has initiated a recall according to the CFS' instructions.
- The CFS will alert the trade, continue to follow up on the incident and take appropriate action. Investigation is ongoing.
|Advice to the Trade|
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers|
- Should not consume the affected batch of the product.
The CFS press release
Members of the public may call the distributor's hotline at 2606 8658 during office hours for enquiries about the recall.
Reposted from HKSAR Government webpage: