In view of the current widespread of COVID-19 and to reduce social contact, all our Consumer Advice Centres are temporarily closed until further notice. Consumers may call our hotline at 2929 2222 for any complaints and enquiries. Alternatively, consumers may make use of our web forms via the following links:
As a result of the above arrangements, gift redemption services has been suspended and the redemption details will be notified in due course.
The 5th Offence: Bait and Switch
Reminder to Consumer
- Consumers should leave immediately if traders refuse to show the discounted product and switch to promote another product.
- Consumers should be extra cautious if traders show or demonstrate a defective sample of the product concerned.
- To lodge a complaint, as the case may be, with the following organizations:
- If you suffer loss because of conduct of another person that is directed to you and constituted the above-mentioned offence, you may commence civil action for damages:
Besides, as the case may be, you may seek legal advice and/or assistance from:
- If the claim does not exceed $50,000: Small Claims Tribunal
- If the claim exceeds $50,000, but does not exceed $1,000,000: District Court
- If the claim exceeds $1,000,000: Court of First Instance of the High Court