|Source of Information|
Food Incident Surveillance System
A batch of prepackaged flour imported from the United States (US)
|Product Name and Description|
Product name: Unbleached All Purpose Flour
Brand: Gold Medal
Place of origin: US
Net weight: Five pounds per pack
Best-before Date: September 6, 2020
|Reason For Issuing Alert|
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS), through its Food Incident Surveillance System, noted a notice by the US Food and Drug Administration that the above-mentioned batch of the product was under recall by the manufacturer as the product concerned might have been contaminated with E. coli O26.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety|
- Upon learning of the incident, the CFS immediately contacted local major importers and retailers for follow-up.
- Preliminary investigation found that a local importer, the Dairy Farm Company, Limited, had imported about 220 packs of the affected batch of the product. All had been sold out at its outlets. The importer concerned has initiated a recall according to CFS instructions.
- The CFS will alert the trade to the incident, continue to follow up and take appropriate action. An investigation is ongoing.
|Advice to the Trade|
- Stop using or selling the affected batch of the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers|
- Not to consume the affected batch of the product if they have bought it.
The CFS press release
Members of the public may call the company's hotline at 2299 1133 for enquiries during office hours about the recall.
Reposted from HKSAR Government webpage: