Resumption of public service and special arrangement of Consumer Advice Centres
Consumer Advice Centres located in Tsim Sha Tsui, North Point, Sha Tin and Tsuen Wan have resumed normal service.
To reduce the risk of the spread of COVID-19, social distancing and other precautionary measures will be implemented at our Advice Centres.
Visitors are required to:
- Make prior appointment for service by calling the hotline 2929 2222;
- Wear surgical face masks and take a body temperature check before entering the Centres;
- Wait in a designated waiting area in order to reduce social contacts with other visitors.
(Notes: Visitors may experience a longer waiting time because of the precautionary measures.)
The 2nd Offence: Misleading Omissions
Reminder to Consumer
- Consumers should pay close attention to the scope of service and all related terms and conditions before making any transactional decisions.
Access to Redress
- To lodge a complaint, as the case may be, with the following organizations:
- If you suffer loss because of conduct of another person that is directed to you and constituted the above-mentioned offence, you may commence civil action for damages:
Besides, as the case may be, you may seek legal advice and/or assistance from:
- If the claim does not exceed $50,000: Small Claims Tribunal
- If the claim exceeds $50,000, but does not exceed $1,000,000: District Court
- If the claim exceeds $1,000,000: Court of First Instance of the High Court