Place of origin:
Non-compliant test parameter:
Contains more than 50000 bacteria per gram
Contains 150000 bacteria per gram
A frozen confection factory in Kwai Chung
- Staff of the CFS has visited the licensed Frozen Confection Factory concerned and conducted inspection. The CFS has informed the vendor concerned of the irregularity and instructed it to stop selling the affected frozen confection immediately.
- The CFS has provided health education on food safety and hygiene to the person-in-charge and staff of the vendor concerned, and has requested them to carry out thorough cleaning and disinfection.
- The CFS has instructed the trade to stop selling the affected product.
- Under the Frozen Confections Regulation (Cap 132AC), frozen confection for sale should not contain more than 50,000 bacteria per gram or more than 100 coliform bacteria per gram. The maximum penalty for offenders is a fine of $10,000 and three months' imprisonment upon conviction.
- The CFS will continue to follow up on the unsatisfactory result so as to safeguard public health.
- Investigation is ongoing.
Reposted from HKSAR Government webpage: