- DRIED PORCINI MUSHROOMS
- DRIED PORCINI
- THE WILD MUSHROOM CO.
- IMPERIAL BIRD’S NEST
Place of origin:
- 40 grams
- 80 grams
- December 31, 2025
- August 31, 2024
- After considering the factors for dried foods, the sample contained mercury at a level of 0.20 parts per million.
- After considering the factors for dried foods, the sample contained mercury at a level of 0.16 parts per million.
Maximum level of metal:
0.1 parts per million
- A grocery store in Kowloon City District
- An online vendor
- The Centre for Food Safety has instructed the vendors to stop selling the incriminated batch of the affected product.
- According to the Food Adulteration (Metallic Contamination) Regulations (Cap 132V), any person who sells food with metallic contamination above the legal limit may be prosecuted and is liable upon conviction to a fine of $50,000 and imprisonment for six months.
- Based on the level of Mercury detected in the sample, adverse health effects would not be caused under usual consumption.
- The Centre for Food Safety will inform the trade, continue to follow up on the unsatisfactory result, including tracing the source of the food in question and taking sample for testing.
- Investigation is ongoing.
Reposted from HKSAR Government webpage: