|Source of Information|
Food Incident Surveillance System
Yoghurt in glass jar
|Product Name and Description|
Product name: La Laitiere yoghurt-Vanilla and La Laitiere yoghurt-Natural
Brand: La Laitiere
Pack size: 125 grams
Place of origin: France
Use by date: March 15, 2023
Importer: City Super Limited
|Reason For Issuing Alert|
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the Rapid Alert System for Food and Feed of the European Commission that the above-mentioned batch of product might contain glass particles.
- Upon learning of the incident, the CFS immediately contacted local importers for follow-up. A preliminary investigation found that the above-mentioned importer had imported into Hong Kong the affected batch of the product concerned.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety|
- The importer concerned has stopped sales, removed from shelves the affected product and has initiated a recall according to the CFS's instructions.
- The CFS will alert the trade to the incident, continue to follow up and take appropriate action. An investigation is ongoing.
|Advice to the Trade|
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately.
|Advice to Consumers|
Not to consume the affected batch of the product if they have bought it.
The CFS press release
Members of the public may call the hotline of the importer at 2736 3866 during office hours for enquiries.
Reposted from HKSAR Government webpage: