|Source of Information|
The International Food Safety Authorities Network (INFOSAN)
Prepackaged tahini product
|Product Name and Description|
Product name: Organic Hulled Tahini
Brand: Ceres Organics
Pack size: 300 grams
Place of origin: Product of Mexico or Israel, packed in New Zealand
Best-before date: May 25, 2023
Importer: The Dairy Farm Company Limited
|Reason For Issuing Alert|
- The Centre for Food Safety (CFS) received a notification from the International Food Safety Authorities Network (INFOSAN) that the above-mentioned product might have been contaminated by Salmonella. According to the information provided by INFOSAN, the affected product has been imported into Hong Kong.
- Upon learning of the incident, the CFS immediately contacted local importers for follow-up. A preliminary investigation found that the above-mentioned importer had imported into Hong Kong the affected batch of the product concerned.
|Action Taken by the Centre for Food Safety|
- The importer concerned has stopped sales, removed from shelves the affected product and has initiated a recall according to the CFS's instructions.
- The CFS will alert the trade to the incident, and will continue to follow up and take appropriate action. The investigation is ongoing.
|Advice to the Trade|
- Stop using or selling the product concerned immediately if they possess it.
|Advice to Consumers|
- Not to consume the affected product if they have bought any.
The CFS press release
Members of the public may call the hotline of the importer at 2299 1133 during office hours for enquiries.
Reposted from HKSAR Government webpage: