Copyright and Disclaimer
ForwardEmail this page
- The Consumer Council (Council) retains all rights, title and interest (including copyright) in all the content of this website.
- The content of this website can be used or reproduced accurately and without any amendment in any form for personal non-commercial purpose only.
- No part of the content of this website may be reproduced, copied, distributed, or otherwise used in any form for any commercial purpose without the prior written consent of the Council.
- Application for any use, other than personal non-commercial use permitted above, of any part of the content of this website should be made to the Council.
Prohibition against advertisement purposes
- Section 20 of the Consumer Council Ordinance provides, among others, that unless with the Council’s written consent, no person shall, with a view to promoting or disparaging any goods, services or immovable property or promoting any person’s image, publish any advertisement which either expressly or by implication makes reference to the Council, its publication or findings of tests or surveys conducted by or on behalf of the Council.
- The full text of Section 20 is as follows:
“(1) No person shall, with a view to promoting or disparaging any goods, services or immovable property or promoting the image of any person, publish or cause to be published any advertisement which either expressly or by implication makes reference to –
- (a) the Council;
- (b) any committee, member, agent or employee of the Council;
- (c) the Council’s publication or finding of tests or surveys conducted by or on behalf of the Council; or
- (d) any other information published by the Council,
without written consent of the Council.
(2) Any person who contravenes subsection (1) commits an offence and is liable to a fine of $100000.
(3) For the purpose of subsection (1) “advertisement” (廣告) may be constituted by any words, whether written or spoken, or any picture, drawing, visual image, figure or article –
- (a) appearing in any publication; or
- (b) brought to the notice of the public or any section of the public in any other way.”
- The content of this website is provided for general information only and does not constitute any legal advice. Users should seek legal advice from their own lawyers when appropriate.
- While every effort is made to update this website from time to time and to ensure its accuracy, no express or implied warranty is given by the Council as to the timeliness, accuracy or completeness of any content of this website.
- The use of this website is at the user’s own risk and the Council does not guarantee that access to this website is completely safe and protected from viruses. The Council is not liable for any damage or loss suffered (including damage to the user’s system or loss of data) as a result of use of this website.
- Provision of, or assistance in providing, materials contributed by third parties on this website or links to external websites gives rise to no statement, representation or warranty, express or implied, that the Council agrees or does not disagree with the contents of any such materials or external websites and the Council will not have or accept any liability, obligation or responsibility whatsoever for any loss, destruction or damage (including without limitation consequent loss, destruction or damage) however arising from or in respect of any use or misuse of or reliance on the contents of any such materials or external websites delivered on or via this website or inability to use any of them.
- This Disclaimer has been translated into Chinese. If there is any inconsistency or ambiguity between the English version and the Chinese version, the English version shall prevail.
- By visiting this website, you agree to accept unconditionally the terms of this Disclaimer and as they may be revised and/or amended from time to time by the Council without prior notice to you. Please check this page regularly for any revisions and/or amendments which may be made.