Senior Public Affairs Officer – Public Engagement and Subscription Services
Senior Public Affairs Officer
– Public Engagement and Subscription Services (Ref. SPAO-PESS)
Public Affairs Division
3-year probationary contract
Reporting to the Chief Public Affairs Officer of the Public Affairs Division, the Senior Public Affairs Officer leads a team of 5 colleagues in managing the Council’s communication to the public with specific focus on serving as the Chinese Editor for both the printed CHOICE magazine and the Council’s online platforms. The Public Engagement and Subscription Services Team will also be responsible for monitoring and analyzing the Council’s impact on social media and supporting the promotional activities and subscription services of CHOICE magazine.
- Support in developing the Council’s public engagement strategies and implementing effective communication activities via social media platforms to disseminate the Council’s advocacies and messages;
- Serve as the Council’s Chinese Editor to ensure quality delivery of communication through the monthly CHOICE magazine (both printed and online version) and social media platforms;
- Lead the team to monitor, track and analyse data from public and internal sources to gauge the Council’s presence online and the effectiveness in public engagement; and
- Lead in the marketing and promotional activities of CHOICE, as well as the distribution and subscription services for the CHOICE.
- A recognized degree or qualification in Journalism / Chinese Language / Communications or related discipline;
- At least 8 years of working experience in communications, publishing or media industry with 5 years in supervisory capacity;
- Possess excellent ability in working with multimedia or graphic designers to develop integrated communication materials to optimize the campaign impact;
- Solid experience in social media communications and be able to master data analysis and present succinct directions to management;
- Deadline conscious and can work independently and under pressure;
- Be proactive and creative, but still be able to attend to the details; and
- A strong manager and a team player, and have the sense of serving the public
Terms of Appointment & Fringe Benefits:
Appointment will be offered on 3-year probationary contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
Application forms are available on the Council’s website http://www.consumer.org.hk. Interested parties are invited to apply to the Head of Human Resources Division by sending the completed application form and a resume together with a cover letter explaining why they consider themselves suitable for the position by 27 April 2021. Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Candidates not invited for interview by the end of June 2021 may assume their applications are unsuccessful.
The Consumer Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal Data collected during the application process will be used for recruitment purposes only. Personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be retained for a maximum of 2 years from the closing date of application, thereafter the data will be erased.