Public Affairs Officer
Public Affairs Officer (Ref. PAO)
Public Affairs Division
2.5-year fixed-term contract
Support in the development and delivery of the website revamp project of the Consumer Council to enhance the Council’s visibility and influence across online community. This PAO role is also responsible for managing all daily Search Engine Optimization activities such as content review, link building and keyword selection to improving the organic search results of the Council’s website on major search engines.
Candidates should have:
- Degree holder, major in Communications, with excellent writing and editing skills in Chinese and English;
- 3 years working knowledge of digital marketing and proven Search Engine Optimization experience;
- In-depth experience with market trends and best practices in Search Engine Optimization and website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics);
- Knowledge of ranking factors and search engine algorithms; and
- Excellent project management and interpersonal skills with keen attention to details and quality.
Main duties include:
- Manage the website re-development project in partnership with internal stakeholders, with dedication in layout design, content editing and UAT;
- Collect user requirements and support in the preparation of functional specifications;
- Manage project schedule and ensure timely delivery of milestones with quality outputs;
- Devise and implement pre-launch testing plan and UAT exercise focusing particularly on user-experience and interface improvements;
- Take lead in CMS training and UAT tests to ensure user-friendliness is an important factor considered in the design of the new content management system;
- Monitor performance of the content migration service provider ensuring all published contents, including both corporate contents and CHOICE-related contents, are reviewed, shortlisted and re-composed meeting both Search Engine Optimization and system requirements;
- Monitor market trends and best practices so as to propose Search Engine Optimization initiatives for the committee and promote Search Engine Optimization concept across content contributors in accordance with the CMS ownership structure;
- Review server logs, crawl reports and web analytics such that sound recommendations can be provided in keyword selection and mapping to improve search engine indexation; and
- Compile and present Search Engine Optimization performance reports for management evaluation.
Terms of Appointment & Fringe Benefits:
Appointment will be offered on a 2.5-year fixed-term contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
Application forms are available on our website http://www.consumer.org.hk. Interested parties are invited to apply to the Head of Human Resources Division by sending an application form and a resume together with a cover letter explaining why they consider themselves suitable for the position by 2 October 2019. Applications should be sent in a sealed envelope marked "Confidential – Application for Employment" and including the post reference to 22/F., K. Wah Centre, 191 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong. Alternatively, applications may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates not invited for interview by the end of November 2019 may assume their applications are unsuccessful. The information provided will be used for consideration of job applications only.