Part-time Educational Activity Assistant
Part-time Educational Activity Assistant (Ref. PTEAA)
Consumer Education Division
HK$57 / hour
Consumer Education Division of the Consumer Council is recruiting a group of university student helpers for part-time position to be started in November 2019. This is an exciting opportunity for university students to be part of a committed and enthusiastic team in empowering and motivating the kids to build a sustainable consumption environment in Hong Kong.
Student helpers can gain hands on experience in nurturing primary students to cultivate positive values and attitudes in favour of sustainable consumption through a series of experiential learning activities.
Candidates should be:
- Pursing a degree in a local universities/tertiary institutions, with major in Education, Child Psychology, Social Work or a related discipline preferable;
- Outgoing personality with good interpersonal, communication and presentation skills;
- Good command of Chinese and English;
- Passionate about teaching, able to interact well with P.4 – P.6 primary students; and
- Required to work outdoor and in irregular working hours including weekends and public holidays.
Main duties include:
- Assisting in implementing various kinds of indoor or outdoor consumer education activities.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for interview and successful candidates will be requested to undergo Sexual Conviction Record Check (SCRC).
Successful applicants will be engaged to assist in a 1-year educational program, training will be provided before the commencement of duty. A work schedule of approximate 5 to 10 hours per month will be arranged during the period from November 2019 to August 2020. Actual working hours will be subject to the activity schedule and operational needs.
Terms of Appointment & Fringe Benefits
Interested parties are invited to apply to the Head of Human Resources Division by sending the application letter and a resume together by 30 September 2019. Applications should be sent in a sealed envelope marked "Confidential – Application for Employment" and including the post reference to 22/F., K. Wah Centre, 191 Java Road, North Point, Hong Kong. Alternatively, applications enclosing the required information may be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Candidates not invited for interview by the end of October 2019 may assume their applications are unsuccessful. The information provided will be used for consideration of job applications only.