In view of the latest development of the COVID-19 pandemic, our public service counters have been resumed. Consumers may call our hotline 2929 2222 to make appointments for enquiries, complaints and gift redemption at our Consumer Advice Centres. Alternatively, consumers may make use of our web forms via the following links for enquiries and complaints:
Dust Mite Prevention
- Pay attention to the cleaning / washing process! The use of hot water and a drying machine can make a big difference. The pore size or biocides content of the fabrics could be affected after multiple washes, thereby reducing the mite-proof capability. Consumers are advised to cover their dust mite-proof products with washable fabrics for daily care.
- Before the use of any dust mite-proof bedding, brush or vacuum the mattress to get rid of hair, skin flakes and dust. In some situation consumers should simply change the mattress.
- Use dehumidifier(s) to rid of excess humidity that dust mites survive on.
- Clean your home regularly with a vacuum cleaner or damp cloth. Try not to use dry cloth, duster or broom in order to avoid air-born dust.
- Wash bed linens regularly in hot water at ~60℃.
- Air pillows, duvets and bed sheets under the sun to reduce dust mites.
- Keep stuffed toys off your bed and avoid the use of thick curtains and fluffy carpets. When not in use, place them in plastic bags to prevent dust.
- For hygienic reasons and achieving better results, try to use smaller vacuum nozzles which have not been used on the floors. If you have a vacuum cleaner with adjustable suction control, you should start with a low setting first and gradually raise the setting to avoid tearing / grabbing of fabric, especially if the mattress has a soft / fine surface.
- Information On Dust Mite-Proof Bedding (Chinese version only)
- Clean Your Bedroom If You Don’t Want To Sleep With Dust Mites (Chinese version only)
- Pest Control (Termites / Bed Bugs / Fleas and Ticks)