Planning and Trade Practices Officer
Planning and Trade Practices Officer (Ref. PTPO)
Planning and Trade Practices Division
2-year fixed-term contract
- A recognized university degree or equivalent in Information Technology, Data Analytics, Economics, Finance, Statistics, Public Policy, or related field is preferable;
- Strong background in research methodologies and practical experiences in quantitative and qualitative methods, data collection, data compilation and analysis with statistical software;
- Ability to interpret data, present findings, draft and publish reports that meet a high standard in both content and presentation;
- Proficiency in writing English and Chinese research proposals and reports;
- Good communication and interpersonal skills; and
- At least 3 years relevant post-qualification work experiences. Candidates of good qualifications but less work experience may also apply.
- To design, plan, organize and conduct survey and research projects, relating to different trade or market practices and consumer protection policies in the digital fields;
- To prepare response and submission on a range of consumer related subject matters;
- To liaise with different stakeholders including government departments, trade associations, professional bodies and consumers in relation to survey and research projects;
- To write papers and reports for the Council's committee meetings and / or for publication; and
- To support the Division’s works as assigned, may need to work outside the office and at non-office hours when necessary.
Terms of Appointment & Fringe Benefits
Appointment will be offered on 2-year fixed-term contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
Application forms are available on the Council’s website http://www.consumer.org.hk. Interested parties are invited to apply to the Head of Human Resources Division by sending the completed application form and a resume together with a cover letter explaining why they consider themselves suitable for the position by 11 November 2020. Applications should be sent by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates not invited for interview by the end of December 2020 may assume their applications are unsuccessful.
The Consumer Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal Data collected during the application process will be used for recruitment purposes only. Personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be retained for a maximum of 2 years from the closing date of application, thereafter the data will be erased.