Graphic / Web Designer (Ref. G/WD-PAD)
Public Affairs Division
3-year probationary contract
Responsible for giving Consumer Council a visual brand by creating design solutions that have a high visual impact for a variety of projects including publications, magazines, posters, and exhibitions panels, web etc.
- A recognized diploma or above in Graphic/Web/Multimedia design or related disciplines;
- At least 4 years relevant experience in magazine/publication production;
- Additional hands-on experience in photography that meets social media publishing standard would be an advantage;
- Ability to conceptualise creatives and execute the final designs, paying special attention to detail;
- Excellent in InDesign (pre-requisite) while knowledge in UI & UX design or illustration is bonus;
- Hands-on experience in photo editing and retouching, print output and web publication and color management;
- A team-player who communicates well with all levels and takes a professional approach to time, costs and deadlines
- Understand design purpose and requirement from project owners; contribute ideas and design concepts meeting various project needs online and offline, including publications, magazines, website, events and promotions, etc;
- Finalise ideas and concepts within the constraints of cost and time;
- Produce page layouts, artwork and web-page creative design including banner advertisement; proofread to produce accurate and high-quality work;
- Support photography for Council magazine and events as required;
- Keep abreast of emerging technologies and take lead to monitor trend on imagery display across print, online and social media;
- Coordinate printers, copywriters, photographers, stylists, illustrators, web-designers to create a complete design from concept to execution
Terms of Appointment & Fringe Benefits
Appointment will be offered on 3-year probationary contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
Application forms are available on the Council’s website http://www.consumer.org.hk. Interested parties are invited to apply to the Head of Human Resources Division by sending the completed application form and a resume together with a cover letter explaining why they consider themselves suitable for the position by 30 March 2023. Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Candidates not invited for interview by June 2023 may assume their applications are unsuccessful.
The Consumer Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal Data collected during the application process will be used for recruitment purposes only. Personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be retained for a maximum of 2 years from the closing date of application, thereafter the data will be erased.