Complaints and Advice Officer (Ref. CAO)
Complaints and Advice Division
3-year probationary contract
- A recognized university degree;
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in complaint handling, conciliation / mediation work or related duties. Completed mediation course / accredited mediator is an advantage;
- Good command of English, Cantonese and Putonghua;
- Good computer skills including Words, Excel and PowerPoint;
- A sound knowledge of the Hong Kong community the consumer market and consumer related issues; and
- Good communication and interpersonal skills
- Handle consumer complaints and conciliate consumer disputes;
- Render advice to the public on consumer issues;
- Handle difficult cases escalated by colleagues, pacify complainants with interpersonal skills and collect feedback on improvements to consumer protection work of the Council;
- Conduct on-site inspection as and when required;
- Prepare reports on complaints cases;
- Analyze and identify trends of complaints and compile reports for management information; and
- Liaise and coordinate with government departments or external organizations for case referral and problem resolution
Terms of Appointment & Fringe Benefits
Appointment will be offered on 3-year probationary contract. Fringe benefits include paid leave, medical insurance and MPF.
Application forms are available on the Council’s website http://www.consumer.org.hk. Interested parties are invited to apply to the Head of Human Resources Division by sending the completed application form and a resume together with a cover letter explaining why they consider themselves suitable for the position by 5 December 2022. Applications should be sent by e-mail to email@example.com. Candidates not invited for interview by the end of January 2023 may assume their applications are unsuccessful.
The Consumer Council is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Personal Data collected during the application process will be used for recruitment purposes only. Personal data of unsuccessful candidate will be retained for a maximum of 2 years from the closing date of application, thereafter the data will be erased.